May 5, 2012

It's Picture Day!

So my daughter asked a random question the other day that spurred her daddy to act out on it. "Have you ever wondered what would happen if you froze a water balloon dad? Do you think it would freeze in the same shape? Would it break?" So Husband took out our collection of a thousand water balloons (we enjoy water fights here a little too much, lol) and he filled two and stuck them in the freezer. Last night we pulled them out and played with them for a bit. Ever stuck salt on an ice ball? It's interesting. The kidlets got a little mini lesson on water and ice and it was fun too. Afterwards we just tossed them around outside with our golf clubs and baseball bats and then they eventually disappeared.

 We did a craft back during Easter and I wanted to post it up but never really had the time. I do now so I thought I'd post it now. It turned out really cute and shockingly, I didn't get it off of pinterest, I got it from the nursing home where I work.

I spent an hour the night before shaving down crayons, and putting the shavings into the containers that would make it easy for the kidlets to use. I set up my ironing board and let them use it to put their papers on. And then it was grab a color of shavings and sprinkle them onto their paper.


There was no real rhyme or reason to how we sprinkled the colors, Bean just sort of pinched and dumped as you can see above, and Bug did hers as girly and dainty as she could. I ended up putting more onto hers because otherwise there would not have been enough color to iron. 


I used construction paper and cut out an Easter Egg shape and taped it to our wax papers. And then we hung them in the windows where the colors really came out. They were really pretty contrary to how they look above. I didn't think much about them until I put them in the windows. You can do any shape and color, we chose eggs because of Easter and all but I think we might do this for each holiday now. And try out different color schemes too. Red, white and blue for the Fourth of July coming up :)


I discovered last week that I regained back a lot of the weight that took me over a year to take off. In total I had lost sixty pounds. And I was incredibly proud of what I did. I still am in fact. But due to health issues of loss of control over my blood sugar and hypoglycemia, I quit taking care of my diet and let myself go again. And as of last week, I got to see my consequences. The weird thing is that I am still wearing my pants, they are a little tight but I haven't had to move up in size. But the scale shows the higher numbers so I gotta go with that. I'm disappointed but also okay with it to a certain extent. It happens. I'm not perfect and I never want to be. I'm also not a size one and I never want to be that either. I love my curves, my hips are my favorite part of my body, and I know my curves are what keeps my husband lusting after me ;) I'm not sick and I'm not un-healthy by being curvy. If I can't accept myself at my weakest though, then I definitely won't be able to accept myself when I'm at my strongest. But with that all said, I would really like to wear a swimsuit this summer and feel good in it. My issues with my weight haven't been just the weight itself, it's my self esteem and I feel like I am finally winning that battle :D So today I spent two hours at the gym and it felt great! I would have been longer, my goal was four hours but Husband got called in to work so I had to cut it early. Tomorrow I will double it and make it my four hours after church. I want to go in as much as I can on the weekends because I know my time is limited during the week. My goal is to drop at least forty-five pounds and hopefully, I can do it before my anniversary. I found a gorgeous dress and plan on wearing it on the night we go out to celebrate seven wonderful years. :D

My Bug lost another tooth yesterday. She came home from daycare and told me she had a loose tooth. I didn't think much of it because she has lost six teeth already so I figured we would have a break in between teeth falling out. So I dropped the kidlets off here at the house with Husband and I went off to the store and to run some various errands. I came back an hour later and discovered my Bug jumping around me right as I walked in the door, yelling about how she lost the tooth! She had been wiggling it and ended up popping it right out all on her own. So tooth number seven is gone and done with. And her sixth birthday is just a few months away too. I think when I was her age I had lost one tooth. I only hope Bean doesn't end up losing his as fast. His didn't come in as fast as Hannah's did so I figure he'll be slower in losing them. I hope. I hate teeth. I always have that nightmare where my teeth fall out of my mouth with no help from anything. It's awful.

Along with my working out this weekend, I am also cleaning out my messy office, rearranging and prepping it for my new desk. And I am also creating a cake-ful masterpiece. I decided to make a cake for Hannah's teachers and the other staff at Head Start. Thursday is Hannah's last day and we get an ice cream social, pictures from the year's activities and a time to say goodbye to the wonderful teachers she has been with for two years. I will be sad but not as bad because Ignacio begins his Head Start journey next fall. The sad part is thinking of my daughter who is going to be a kindergartner. It's shocking! And saddening. I bought the Dr. Suess book, Oh The Places You'll Go! and had her teachers sign it already. I found the idea on pinterest. Every year I will have her teachers sign the book on a different page and when she graduates high school, it will be part of her gift from us all. I will also be taking her picture on the first day every year and putting them into a special book along with a survey. The same one she'll take yearly. And that will also be a gift to her when she graduates. I have a few ideas that we are going to do. When she graduates, she'll have quite the fun basket of gifts from us. We'll do the same thing for Ignacio too of course. And I'm pulling out my wedding dress this year too and plan on her wearing it for me for a few pictures. And for her wedding day, we'll be comparing how she looks <3

So today is quite busy busy but it has been nice to blog for a little bit of it :) I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend as well :) For me I am off to make a few phone calls, catch up on some e-mails and then cooking and baking. Which would be made MUCH easier with my fantasy KitchenAid mixer ;) *HINTHINTHusbandHINTHINT*! LoL. I have been very subtle but rumor has it he's been looking ;) So, I'm off for now, tra-la-la-la-la! See you sooooon! *Beckie*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead--say it!